The Outreach Portfolio speaks with schools, community groups, and partners to bring more students on board to our educational assistance services. As a Media Officer, you will be helping to spread awareness of RESN's mission and services.
To apply, please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/HChwUEKxZCHD82wa7
Our Media Officers should have:
- Strong communication skills, including willingness to conduct phone conversations with reporters and broadcast staff
- An ability to think on the spot and outside the box
Here's a snapshot of what a semester as a Media Officer might look like for you:
- Maintaining regular contact with our Media Partners as a case manager and liaising with the Marketing and Communications Portfolio to develop suitable content for publication and broadcast
- Organising RESN feature stories, talk back radio slots, negotiate pro-bono advertising and investigate opportunities in the podcast space.
- Initiating and managing interactions with media organisations to maintain and build the RESN brand and its recognisability in regional areas
- Making media appearances (print, radio and television) organised by the Media team